The plan will guide the organization’s activities through to 2020 following four strategic directions; Lead the Way, Journey Together, Walk Along Side and Do the Right Thing.
For each direction, there are 2 to 4 objectives;
Lead the Way;
- Pursue innovation and excellence in service delivery
- Provide leadership and partnership to sector priorities
- Change the face of FACS Elgin in the community
- Influence leading practices in family-based care
- Understand our role in the truth and reconciliation journey of the FNMI community
- Engage with the First Nations, Metis and Inuit (FNMI) community in a culturally responsive way
Walk Along Side
- Engage families, children and youth as partners
- Be a leader in anti-oppressive practice
- Ensure children, youth and families are connected to the services they need
Do the Right Thing
- Provide an excellent service-user experience
- Improve life outcomes for children and youth
- Be a great place to work
The agency main website will be updated throughout the year to reflect the work being done on these objectives.
Also part of the planning process was a “refresh” of the agency logo so that it would more accurately reflected the new strategic directions. The majority of the logo work was done in-house as various concepts and iterations were presented for input to stakeholders during the strategic planning process.
The chosen logo image remains closely connected to the agencies history; a tree invokes feelings of shelter, roots, growth and stability. Images come to mind of a family tree, in whatever form that may be, and of swaying but not breaking – resiliency, wisdom and connections.
We thank everyone who participated in the Strategic Planning process for their commitment to our vision of Child Welfare and the welfare of children, youth and families in our community.
"Children are a community’s …
- Cathy Grondin - Board President
"It takes the collective effort of the entire community to look after the safety and well-being of all of the children and youth in our community….together we can do the right thing and make a difference for the children and youth of Elgin and across the Province of Ontario.”
- Derrick Drouillard – Executive Director